Wednesday 8 October 2008

You won't believe this but....

The postman/lady just opens the front door and pops the letters and parcels on the mat.

People really do leave their babies asleep outside the shops while they go in.

Insurance companies grade areas from 1-59 in order of safety/low crime. Orkney came out as a 2!

Libraries don't charge for overdue books (I've already managed to test this out quite by accident)

The only traffic lights I have seen in Orkney have been temporary ones.

In the last 8 weeks I have never had to drive round and round looking for a parking space nor have I had to sit waiting in traffic at any time.

Parking costs 50p for 2 hours. (yeah go tell that to the Lion Yard!)

The air is so clear it feels like I hardly have to breath.

I really should work for the tourist board! :o)

No comments: