Sunday 15 March 2009

You Are Here


Spring hasn't quite sprung but it's springing. The evenings are definitely getting lighter and the weather improving. One of the joys of moving to a new and beautiful place is the excuse to go out exploring. My trusty dog is always happy to explore with me and in the last few weeks I have been to some stunning places. The first picture was taken at Birsay on a Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago. A spectacular coastline with amazing cliffs and mesmerising waves. (do you think I should write for a tourist mag?) The second photo shows a gorgeous secluded spot I found when asking a friend and local about where was a good place to visit. It's called Wulkmill Bay and I really was the stranger on the shore. Last week I enjoyed a cliff walk in Deerness. To say it was windy is putting it mildly but still so lovely with a pebble beach and more stunning views. So many places to visit and I've only just begun. It never ceases to amaze me as I drive around what a beautiful place Orkney is yet so many people don't even know where it is. Their loss....

No comments: